Now it”s time to get to grips with the Admin area.
The Admin area consists of the Admin panels on the left and a main page area, which changes based on the selections you make from the Admin panels.
When you login to WordPress, you will see the Dashboard in the main page area. Essentially, the Dashboard keeps you updated on any developments with WordPress. It also shows your recent activity.
As can be seen from the screenshot, there are three admin panels:
Panel 1 – for accessing the dashboard.
Panel 2 – for organising your site and adding content. This section comprises the following:
Panel 3 – for controlling your site.This section comprises the following:
- Appearance – for controlling how your site looks
- Plugins – additional functionality
- Users – user details; permissions
- Tools – import/export content
- Settings – configuration settings